Inviting the Mayor to attend an event
Pages in Inviting the Mayor to attend an event
The Mayor attends 300 to 400 events every year. They help to raise the profile of many local groups, charities and businesses.
These events include:
- civic events - including the Annual Service of Remembrance
- community events
- fundraising events for local charities
- launch events - for local businesses and community groups
- visits to local community groups and schools
- hosting visits to the Town Hall for any of the above
The Mayor will consider all invitations sent to the office via the online form (below).
Completing the Form
Before filling out the form:
- You can check the Mayor's availability for the next four weeks here on the Mayoral engagements page.
- Please have all the details of your event ready. The form cannot be saved until you finish and submit it.
- Please give as much information as possible as the form enables the Mayor and chauffeur to carry out their responsibilities to the best of their abilities and ensures they have all the information needed in one place.
- Do fill in the field asking for social media tags - that way when the Mayor shares a post on his social media, he can tag your organisation.
When completing the form:
- All invitations must be addressed to the Mayor
- Include as much information as possible as this will be the Mayor's only guidance should he/she attend
- We will aim to confirm if your request has been successful within five working days. If you have not received confirmation by this date, please email the office.
For certain events it may also be appropriate for you to invite another Councillor, you can find more details on the councillors and committees webpage.
A confirmation email will be sent to you when you complete the form.
Completion of the form does not guarantee the Mayor's attendance at your event.
Mayor's Office contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org