We are delighted to announce that Co-op has opened a convenience store on the Iron Horse site. Day Lewis pharmacy, William Hill bookmakers and Goodrich dry cleaners are occupying the remaining units in this development. New residents have also moved into the flats above the shops.
W. Stirland Ltd. is progressing with the construction of the new Community Hub and shops on the Triangle site please see the full press release for more information. When completed, the Hub will contain a new Merstham Library, Youth Centre, and Merstham Community Facility in a new Community Hub. The Hub will also have a café, flexible community rooms (available for hire by local organisations), and publically accessible computers. Merstham Tandoori, a fish and chip shop and a pizza take away will also be located on this site.The current library will remain open until their new location is ready for occupation.
There has also been improvements to create better and safer access for pedestrians, with new crossing points positioned along Bletchingley Road and the installation of a zebra crossing.
New pedestrian footpath between Bletchingley Road and Worsted Green
A footpath, connecting the new zebra crossing on Bletchingley Road and Worsted Green (opposite the Moat House Surgery) is complete. The footpath was suggested by several local residents and the Merstham Community Action Group (MCAG). We are grateful to Raven Housing Trust for agreeing to the footpath over their land.
Portland Drive Parade
Raven Housing Trust obtained planning permission (with conditions) to demolish the existing shops and flats and create 48 homes (a mixture of houses and flats). Tenants of the existing flats have all been rehoused. Some of the shopkeepers have agreed leases for the new shops on the Iron Horse or Triangle sites; the others will relocate or close.
New Homes in Merstham
Purbeck Close: Tenants and shared owners have moved into the 30 new Raven Housing Trust homes, which were completed in Spring 2015. The final 10 shared ownership houses completed in September 2016.
Portland Drive: The 48 new Raven houses and flats will be completed from the end of 2017 onwards. These properties will be for open-market sale.
- For further information on shared ownership accommodation, you can visit the Help to Buy website.
- Our housing advice page provides practical advice about your housing options.
- Our housing register page provides information about how to join the waiting list for affordable rented accommodation in the borough.
- Our Home Choice page lets applicants on our housing register choose their new homes.
- Iron Horse Public House site to provide 4 retail units and 10 apartments (application reference 14/00801/F).
- Community Hub on Bletchingley Road (application reference 14/00849/F)
- Raven Housing Trust development of residential dwellings on Purbeck Close (application reference 13/01500/F).
- Demolition of existing properties on Portland Drive and construction of 48 new homes. (application reference 13/02289/OUT).
- Croudace Homes development of residential properties off Bletchingley Road (Woodlands Close) (application reference: 3/02147/RM1).
Details of the applications can be viewed and downloaded from the Council's planning pages using the application reference numbers.
Your comments and questions
If you have questions or comments about the changes in the area you can email us at email@example.com