Home repossession court proceedings

If you are facing court action because of a housing problem (e.g. rent or mortgage arrears), it is important that you seek advice early as possible.

The Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) can provide you with assistance so ensure you contact them immediately. Alongside advice, the CAB may be able to accompany you into the hearing and in exceptional circumstances a CBA advisor may be able to speak on your behalf to the judge. 

If you are issued with possession proceedings, it is really important that you attend the hearing to give you the best possible chance to avoid repossession.