Redhill background information
"Redhill will be a thriving town centre which is a prominent commercial location, a competitive retail destination and a great place to live.”
The objectives of regeneration in Redhill:
- Redhill will be the commercial location of choice
- A vibrant place in which to live, shop and work
- Develop, diversify and manage Redhill’s evening economy
- Creating real benefits for local residents and local businesses
- Improve the physical appearance of the town centre
What will be delivered?
- More town centre retail and leisure floor space.
- New town centre housing
- New office space enhancing Redhill as a commercial destination
- Creation of new jobs
How regeneration is being delivered
The Borough Council's proposed regeneration strategy and detailed policies are set out in the Redhill Town Centre Area Action Plan consultation draft 2012. The Action Plan will be taken forward as a chapter in the Development Management Plan. Delivery of the strategy will take a number of years and involve a wide range of public and private sector organisations working together to co-ordinate policies, activities and investment. The Redhill Regeneration Forum, a group of public and private sector stakeholders, contributes advice and local knowledge to the regeneration process. The forum is chaired by the Borough Council.