Preston Park improvements in 2018
We are making further improvements to Preston Park this year.
We are resurfacing the paths and installing an outside gym and youth shelter.
View the plans
Visit our exhibition
You can also see the plans at Tadworth Leisure and Community Centre from Friday 3rd August to Friday 17th August
Speak to us directly
Alternativley you can see the plans and speak to us at Tadworth Leisure and Community Centre on
- Tuesday 7th August from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
- Tuesday 14th August from 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Any comments should be received by Friday 17 August.
Parking and Highway improvements
Please be aware that Surrey County Council started repair works to the surface of Preston Lane on Monday 13 March. It's likely that there will be road closures during the works. You can find further information on SCC's roads and transport webpage or by calling them on 0300 200 1003.
Regeneration projects on the Preston Estate, Tadworth are well underway. View our interactive map to see where we have delivered projects to date, as well as those in the pipeline.
Following consultation with residents in October 2015, we are working up detailed designs, and improvements will be delivered on the roads listed below during 2016/2017. You can view our consultation information here. We will be publishing the delivery dates here when they are confirmed:
- Merland Rise (Completed- June 2016) – Removing damaged grass verges and replacing them with tarmac. This will enable vehicles to park half off the road, as they often already do, but without damaging the verge.
- St. Leonards (Completed- October 2016)- Creating a new parking lay-by and a clearer pedestrian crossing point opposite the Epsom Down Primary School entrance by removing the grass verge.
- Chetwode Road – Implementing parking lay-bys to improve traffic flow.
- Waterfield – (Completed in 2017) Creating a new parking lay-by, improving pedestrian and wheelchair access to the bus stop opposite the Tadworth Medial Centre.
- Acres Gardens – (Completed February 2017) Implementing two parking lay-bys; benefitting cars and pedestrians by freeing up space on the road.
- Pedestrian dropped crossings- 20 pairs of new dropped crossings are being installed across the Estate. This should benefit pedestrians, including those using wheelchairs, walking aides, or pushing buggies.
Tadworth Leisure & Community Centre
Tadworth Leisure & Community Centre formally opened in October 2015.
- View our photo gallery of the new Tadworth Leisure & Community Centre.
- The Leisure & Community Centre is operated by Better and includes a 25-metre swimming pool, state-of-the-art gym, five-a-side football pitches, community room (available for hire) and crèche.
- The Phoenix Centre is run by Surrey County Council and has a dedicated Facebook page.
In response to public opinion, we have renamed the recreation ground 'Preston Park'. The park now has a larger playground; a new multi-use games area; new paths, benches and bins, and substantial tree and shrub planting.
We have created an improved path across Burgh Heath from Chetwode Road to the A240 by ASDA.
View our photo gallery of the improvements to Preston Park and to path improvements at Burgh Heath.
We have also improved the copse area just south of Preston Park including installing bat and bird boxes to encourage wildlife.
New homes in Preston
Croudace Homes have built 130 new homes on the old leisure centre site and small parts of the park.
Raven Housing Trust has completed 26 new homes for rent on three sites: 10 houses, seven chalet bungalows and six flats across two sites on Longfield Crescent and three bungalows on the Longmere Gardens garage site.
At the end of 2013, an outline planning permission for 180 homes was granted on the DeBurgh School site and six new homes on the neighbouring Reigate & Banstead Borough Council site. London Square, a development company, has submitted a further application which is currently registered with Reigate and Banstead's planning department for consideration (application reference: 16/02949/F).
- Anyone interested in buying a new house or flat from Croudace can email firstname.lastname@example.org for general enquiries or to register interest in a property.
- For further information on shared ownership accommodation, you can visit the Help to Buy website.
- Our housing advice page provides practical advice about your housing options.
- Our housing register page provides information about how to join the waiting list for affordable rented accommodation in the borough.
- Our Home Choice page lets applicants on our housing register choose their new homes.
- 130 new homes within close proximity of Tadworth Community and Leisure Centre (13/01729/RM1)- approved
- Outline permission for 180 homes on the former De Burgh school playing fields site (application reference: 13/02282/OUT)- approved
- Planning permission for the construction of 229 dwellings on the former De Burgh school playing fields site, together with associated car and cycle parking, refuse and recycling storage and soft and hard landscaping provision (application reference: 16/02949/F)- registered
Details of the applications can be viewed and downloaded from the Council's planning pages using the application reference numbers.