Housing options for 50+ year olds
Pages in Housing options for 50+ year olds
- 1. Housing options for 50+ year olds
- 2. Staying in your home
- 3. You are here: Moving to specialist accommodation
3. Moving to specialist accommodation
Moving to a specialist accommodation where you can receive more support may be a more preferable option. There are various types of specialist accommodation available for older persons.
- Sheltered housing maintains private independent living with a 24 hour alarm system and usually a warden will be on site if you require help.
- You can access this through the Local Council by joining the Housing Register and through Housing Associations such as Raven Housing Trust and Anchor.
You can also consider privately renting.
The Elderly Accommodation Website lists private rented sheltered accommodation vacancies.
- You can search for private rented accommodation on the internet through search engines such as Google, local letting agencies or websites such as RightMove and Zoopla.
Care homes offer higher level of support including personal and medical care. Speak to your GP or contact Adult Social Care if you require this assistance.