War memorials

Below is a list of the Council owned war memorials in the Borough:

Banstead

  • Location: Junction of Park Road & Sutton Lane
  • Description: Stone wheel cross on plinth
  • Commemorating: 1914-1918 and 1939-1945   

Chipstead

  • Location: Star Lane opposite St Margarets Church
  • Description: Stone wheel cross on stepped plinth
  • Commemorating: 1914-1918 and 1939-1945   

Kingswood

  • Location: A217 outside St Andrews Church
  • Description: Stone wheel cross on stepped plinth
  • Commemorating: 1914-1918 and 1939-1945     

Merstham

  • Location: Junction of A23 London Road & School Hill
  • Description: Stone wheel cross on plinth
  • Commemorating:    1914-1918 only  

Redhill

  • Location: Shaws Corner, junction of Hatchlands Road & Blackstone Hill
  • Description: Bronze statue on stone column and plinth
  • Commemorating: 1914-1918 and 1939-1945       

South Park

  • Location: Church Road opposite St Lukes Church
  • Description: Stone cross with bronze wreath on plinth
  • Commemorating: 1914-1918 only        

Walton on the Hill

  • Location: Adjacent Mere Pond
  • Description: Cast Iron Commemorative sign
  • Commemorating: 1914-1918 and 1939-1945  

The Council seeks to care for these memorials in accordance with guidance issued by the Department for Constitutional Affairs: Guidance for Custodians of War Memorialsin England & Wales (pdf).