Coronavirus (COVID-19)

For the latest information please visit our coronavirus pages

Business special collections

The Council does not operate a collection service for hazardous or special waste.

Hazardous or special waste should be disposed of through a specialist company. Contact numbers can be found in yellow pages under Waste Disposal, or on the internet.

In July 2004 the Hazardous Waste regulations were introduced. These regulations changed the way many waste materials have to be disposed of.

Businesses have a responsibility to make sure that the waste they produce is disposed of correctly.

This type of waste includes the following type of items:

  • asbestos
  • fluorescent tubes
  • tyres
  • fridges and freezers
  • chemicals
  • monitors and TV screens etc.

Related websites

Further information on the disposal of hazardous waste can be found on the following websites: