Businesses who have closed or been severely affected by the current restrictions, such as those businesses in the supply chain, may be eligible for the Additional Restrictions Grant.
We are now accepting applications for the window 5 January 2021 to 15 February 2022. Payments will be made for this full 6-week period in line with other government grants.
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council has been allocated funding by the Government to cover the years 2020/21 and 2021/22. While the Government has made this funding available to Local Authorities and provided guidance, it is up to Local Authorities to use their discretion about how best to use it to support local businesses.
Reigate & Banstead will make this funding available to the following business types:
- Businesses that have been required to close by the government, but do not qualify for the Local Restrictions Support Grants as they are not liable for business rates.
- Where a business has not been required to close, then Reigate & Banstead will consider the fixed costs of that business, including rent and business rates. Where the business does not pay rent or business rates, then Reigate & Banstead will consider other unavoidable business-related fixed costs and will estimate the rateable value of the premises that the business is operating from. Fixed costs must be in the name of the business applying for a grant.
- Priority will be given to those businesses that, whilst not being required to close, have been affected by the closure of other businesses - in particular, those businesses in the supply chain to closed businesses. This would include businesses that supply the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors, or businesses in the events sector.
- Any business applying must be operating within the boundaries of Reigate & Banstead Borough Council.
- Businesses and organisations that provide support to local communities within the local authority area, and where the restrictions have impacted on their income.
- Businesses will be required to demonstrate that they have been severely impacted by the national restrictions, and provide the evidence requested on the form.
- Awards will be made to cover the relevant national or local restriction periods, currently from 5 January 2021 to 15 February 2021, in line with grants paid under the Local Restrictions Grant Scheme.
- In line with the Local Restrictions Grant Scheme, there will be three levels of payments for the 6-week period of national lockdown restrictions. These will be £2,001, £3,000 and £4,500. For previous application windows, please refer to the terms and conditions.
The levels of grant awarded to businesses – and further information about eligibility - can be found in the Additional Restrictions Grant terms and conditions.
Do state aid rules apply?
The Local Restrictions Support Grant counts towards state aid. The rules are fully explained in the Government state aid guidance. By accepting this grant, you must confirm that you are not in breach of these rules.
Managing the risk of fraud
The Council will not accept deliberate manipulation and fraud. Any business that dishonestly provides false or misleading information in communication with the Council, including verbal communication, will be committing a criminal offence contrary to the Fraud Act 2006 and will be subject to a criminal investigation and criminal proceedings may be taken against them.
All information is subject to internal and external audit checks.
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria for the Additional Restrictions Grant you can apply online below. We will review your application and let you know if you are entitled to a payment.