Below is an up to date list of Council services that may be affected by the coronavirus outbreak.
We are working hard to continue to deliver essential services and support residents and local communities in the best way we can. Please also note that high demand, as well as staff absences, may affect some services.
- Our Town Hall reception doors remain closed but there is a telephone outside for customers to call our customer contact number directly. We would encourage anyone that can, to search these coronavirus web pages in the first instance for information and advice specifically related to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Our Customer Contact Centre is open for calls from 10am to 4pm, Monday - Friday, 01737 276000.
Bins and recycling
- Our waste and recycling service is currently dealing with high volumes of waste. Please make sure you present your waste in the right way at the right time and follow us on social media for any service updates. For information and advice about what to do with your waste see Surrey Environment Partnership.
- The garden waste service is having its annual two-week service break over the Christmas period. Normal services will resume from 11 January.
- Surrey County Council's Community Recycling Centres are running a limited service - please check details of materials accepted and opening times on the Surrey County Council website before you travel.
Leisure and recreation
- Our three leisure centres - Horley, Tadworth and Donyngs, Redhill are closed. You can stay up to date via the BETTER website or app.
- Community Centres at Banstead, Horley and Woodhatch will be affected by the national lockdown restrictions - further detail to follow. Please contact the centre directly to find out which activities are currently taking place.
- The Harlequin Theatre & Cinema is closed. You can still book for future shows via their website.
- Events – we have had to cancel the Council’s key events, including ‘Star for a Night’ and the ‘Festival of Sport’, as well as events hosted in our parks and open spaces due to restritions on gatherings
Parks and greenspaces
- Parks and opens spaces remain open for people to enjoy when following the Government guidance around social distancing, however, our tennis courts, skateparks, outdoor gyms and multi-use games areas are now closed.
- Our playgrounds remain open but we ask you to pay close attention to the signs about social distancing and come back another time if they are too busy. The guidance allows us to close the playgrounds if they are not being used responsibly - you can find out more about how to play safe in Our Plan for Playgrounds.
- Priory Park play area, Reigate is now temporarily closed. Due to high visitor numbers and social distancing guidelines not being followed, for everyone’s safety, we have taken the difficult decision to close the playground. Read more in our Plan for Playgrounds.
- Cemeteries remain open but will not be offering the internment of ashes or the pre-purchase of plots until later in the year. Anyone visiting the cemetery must follow the Government’s social distancing guidelines.
- Allotment sites remain accessible to tenants.
- All events in parks have been cancelled until further notice due to restrictions on social gatherings. Event bookings are suspended until further notice, including street parties and related road closures.
- Banner enquiries and bookings are suspended until further notice.
Council tax and benefits
- Council Tax account queries are currently being dealt with online, where you can use the council tax checker. For information about deferring your payments and Council Tax Support visit the I need help pages.
- For benefits and support for those experiencing financial hardship, including for Test and Trace Support Payments – visit the I need help pages for an overview of the support available..
- Business rates relief, financial support and advice – see our Supporting businesses page.
- For guidance on operating safely during Covid-19 and for food business see the Supporting businesses page.
- Committee meetings are being held online under Covid-19 legislation that allows councils to hold meeting remotely. The dates and times may be subject to change or cancellation.
- Our response to Freedom of Information Requests (FOIs), Environmental Information Regulation requests (EIRs) and Subject Access Requests (SARs) may take longer for us to complete at the moment while we concentrate on frontline services.
County Council services
See Surrey County Council 's website for information on their services.