Service update: Delays to some Council services including bin collections, cleansing and grass cutting are likely due to unavoidable staff shortages. Staff illness and self-isolating on top of planned annual leave during the summer holidays is putting immense pressure on our services. We’re working very hard to maintain regular services, so please bear with us as we try to catch up.
Our Town Hall reception doors remain closed - While the easing of restrictions means that some safety measures will no longer be a legal requirement, we know a lot of people remain cautious. In line with the government advice to act carefully, we feel it’s important to continue with certain measures.
There is a telephone outside for customers to call our customer contact number directly. We would encourage anyone that can, to search these coronavirus web pages in the first instance for information and advice specifically related to the coronavirus outbreak.
Our Customer Contact Centre is open for calls from 10am to 4pm, Monday - Friday, 01737 276000
Leisure and recreation
- Our three leisure centres - Horley, Tadworth and Donyngs, Redhill are open. Up date information is available on the BETTER website or app.
- Our Community Centres at Banstead, Horley and Woodhatch are open for a wide range of activities in bookable groups and for lunch Monday to Friday. There are a range of COVID safe measures in place for everyone's safety. See the page for each centre for details.
- The Harlequin Theatre & Cinema is open. It is operating with some additional safety measures in place. For full details and ‘What’s on’ see their website.
Council tax and benefits
- For benefits and support for those experiencing financial hardship, including for Test and Trace Support Payments – visit the I need help pages for an overview of the support available.
- Business rates relief, financial support and advice – see our Supporting businesses page.
- Council Tax account queries are currently being dealt with online, where you can use the Citizens access council tax checker. For information about deferring your payments and Council Tax Support visit the I need help pages.
- For guidance on operating safely during Covid-19 and for food business see the Supporting businesses pages.
The law requires that committee meetings are attended in person by a quorum of Members and must also be open to the public. However, whilst COVID remains a risk to public health, and in order to minimise the risk of transmission:
- Public access on-site will be limited, in line with the Council’s risk assessment and legal requirements for openness, to protect the safety of all attendees.
- Non-voting participants (e.g. Members, officers and public speakers) will still be allowed to join committee meetings online, to encourage democratic participation.
- Members of the public can view live webcasts of committee meetings, to maintain transparency and openness.
- Our response to Freedom of Information Requests (FOIs), Environmental Information Regulation requests (EIRs) and Subject Access Requests (SARs) may take longer for us to complete at the moment while we concentrate on frontline services.
County Council services
See Surrey County Council 's website for information on their services.