Supporting our local businesses
Pages in Supporting our local businesses
- 1. Supporting our local businesses
- 2. Business rates
- 3. You are here: Grants and loans for businesses
3. Grants and loans for businesses
The Government grants schemes are now closed.
As of 18 August, the Council paid out over £22 million in business grants to just under 1,700 eligible businesses in the borough.
The Coronavirus Bounce Back Loan was set up to help small and medium-sized businesses affected by coronavirus.
- The scheme is now live for applications and cash will be released within days for eligible businesses.
- Businesses can borrow between £2,000 and £50,000.
- The government will guarantee 100% of the loan and there won’t be any fees or interest to pay for the first 12 months.
- Loan terms will be up to 6 years.
- The government will work with lenders to agree a low rate of interest for the remaining period of the loan.
- The scheme will be delivered through a network of accredited lenders.
Find further guidance and application details on the Coronavirus Bounce Back Loan website.
- Coast to Capital has launched a Business Recovery Grants scheme to help small to medium sized organisations recover and grow from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Invest4 Business Hot House Grant Programme (funded by the ERDF) provides grants from £2,000 to pre-start and growing established businesses.