Supporting our local businesses
Pages in Supporting our local businesses
In line with the Government's roadmap for the further easing of COVID restrictions in England, we are now at Step 2. The following businesses are permitted to reopen with some ongoing restrictions:
- non-essential retail including personal care premises such as hairdressers and nail salons
- indoor leisure and sports facilities such as gyms for individual exercise or exercise with your household of support bubble
- outdoor hospitality venues, including pubs and restaurants, with the rule of six or a larger group from two households
- most outdoor attractions such as zoos, theme parks, and drive-in performances (such as cinemas and concerts)
- public buildings, including libraries
- self-contained accommodation such as campsites and holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households.
Hospitality venues will be allowed to serve people outdoors at Step 2 and there will be no need for customers to order a substantial meal with alcoholic drinks and no curfew, although customers must order, eat and drink while seated (‘table service’).
Please note that wider social contact rules will apply in all these settings to prevent indoor mixing between different households.
The Reopening business and venues guidance provides detailed information about which businesses will be permitted to reopen and from what dates at the earliest.
Further details on the latest restrictions can be found on the Government’s website pages, and the COVID-19 Response – Spring 2021 (roadmap out of lockdown).
Sign up to the Business E-Bulletin to keep up to date with the latest news and advice.
New package of measures
The Government has set out a new package of measures to support businesses through the economic disruption. You can read about the full range of business support measures on the Government's Coronavirus business support website.
Looking for the latest information about business grants for businesses in the borough? Visit our Grants and Loans for businesses page for details.
You can also find further information on the other pages in this section.