I want to help
Pages in I want to help
- 1. Volunteering
- 2. You are here: Donating
Although the lockdown has eased, the economic impact of the pandemic is continuing to be felt by many residents. Your donations can make a difference.
We would like to thank everyone who donated to our emergency response at the Community Support Centre. This fund has now closed but we continue to with local partners and volunteers to make sure residents, particularly vulnerable residents and those self-isolating, continue to receive the help they need.
Some of the ways you can help are listed below.
Businesses and organisations who want to help can contact us by emailing [email protected]
Support a food bank
UK food banks saw an 89% increase in need in April 2020 compared to April 2019 so your donations are appreciated.
This is how you can donate food and toiletries to local food banks:
- At the drop-off points in most supermarkets
- Some streets, neighbourhoods and community groups are organising local collection points for their local food banks
- Many of the food banks are holding ‘donation drive throughs’ around the borough on specific dates
To donate funds to a food bank visit:
- Epsom and Ewell Foodbank (operates in the north of the borough)
- Loveworks (operates in the centre of the borough)
- St Matthew’s Foodbank (operates in the Redhill area)
- Welcare (East Surrey) - click the “donate” button and select “East Surrey”
- Renewed Hope Trust
- Horley Food Bank
Many of the food banks are holding “donation drive throughs” around the borough on specific dates. To find out more visit their websites or follow them on social media.
The Community Fund for Reigate & Banstead
If you would like to make a general financial donation, we recommend the Mayor’s charity, The Community Fund for Reigate & Banstead.
The Fund provides support to local projects which tackle need, disadvantage, and community participation across the borough. All grants from the Fund are now being made specifically to local charities and projects that need financial support to provide their services to assist with the Coronavirus response.
Help to provide more PPE
Find out how you can help to provide more Personal Protectibe Equipment (Surrey County Council website)