Family Support Team (FST) - Process/ what to expect
Pages in Family Support Team (FST) - Process/ what to expect
- 1. You are here: How to refer
- 2. Triage
- 3. Assessment
- 4. Team Around the Family (TAF) meetings
- 5. Intervention
- 6. Ongoing
1. How to refer
Referrals for support should be made by completing a request for support form through the Childrens Single Point of Access (C-SPA), who will determine if the Family Support Programme (FSP) is the most suitable service for you.
- To give consent
- To live in Reigate & Banstead, Mole Valley or Tandridge
- To have complex needs such as:
- Child who Needs Help – A child needing an Early Help response
- Education – Enabling children to access and engage in education
- Work & Financial Exclusion – Helping adults off out work related benefits, managing debt and preventing homelessness.
- Crime or Anti-Social behaviour – Working with families to stop their criminal or antisocial behaviour
- Domestic Abuse – Supporting families that are currently experiencing domestic abuse or have been over the last year.
- Health Problems – Supporting families to engage with services around their health needs
Further information is available at Contact Children's Services (Surrey CC)