Flooding advice and information
Pages in Flooding advice and information
Different agencies deal with different aspects of flooding. Our Surface water flooding page explains the areas we cover. Also check Surrey County Council's drainage and flooding page.
Flood warnings and alerts
- Check your flood risk (Gov.uk website) - check if you're at risk of flooding, sign up for flood alerts and keep up to date
- Check the Flood warnings summary (Environment Agency website), which is updated regularly.
- The differences between flood warnings and flood alerts is explained on Flood warning codes explained (Gov.uk website)
- Floodline provides a live agent service for all flood related customer queries as well as up to date, automated flood warning information - call You can call them on 0345 988 1188.
- Flooding advice (SCC website) - includes advice on preparing for, during and after flooding.
- Flooding health guidance and advice for the public (Public Health England website) - helps with preventing and recovering from flood. Includes advice on:
- contaminated flood water
- the danger posed by carbon monoxide fumes from the indoor use of generators to dry out buildings
- mental health following flooding
- mould and health.
- Staying safe on the road (AA website) - has advice on driving in in heavy rain, floods and standing water.
- Flooding and your power supply (Scottish and Southern Energy PDF) (PDF document [219.5Kb]) - has power supply advice for before, during and after a flood.
Road closures and trees down in the road
- You can report trees that are blocking the road to Surrey County Council (SCC) on 0300 200 1003. There is more detail on their Reporting road emergencies page (SCC website).
- For road closures, incidents and travel disruption information see Surrey County Council's roads and transport page (SCC website)
- See the Surrey traffic and travel map (SCC website) or follow @bbcsurreytravel on Twitter for up to date highways news.
- For information in the event of a power cut see UK Power Network's website or dial 105 for free to get directly through to your local network.
Emergency contact information
Our out of hours emergency contact number is 07699 391689.
You can follow @reigatebanstead on Twitter for updates about our services.