This page points you directly to pages on this site and others that might be of specific interest to older people.
- Community centres - there are centres in Banstead, Horley and Woodhatch providing a wide range of events and entertainment for the active elderly
- Disabled parking (Blue Badges)
- Exemptions and discounts - for council tax
- Free bus passes
- Disabled Facilities Grants - home adaption advice
- Granny Annexes - self-contained parts of property and council tax
- Help Shops - located around the borough you can ask us questions about our services or attend sessions by other organisations at our Help Shops
- Public toilets - locations.
Surrey Telecare website - community alarm services for independent living. Emergency alarm buttons to get help.
Surrey Information Point
Surrey Information Point website - a directory of information, services, organisations and activities to support adults in Surrey to live independently. It has been developed as a partnership between Surrey County Council, Social Information on Disability and NHS Surrey.
Pension and retirement planning
- AgeUK website - Age Concern and Help the Aged have merged
- Working, jobs and pensions (Gov.uk)
- Department for work and pensions website
- Reigate and Redhill Live at Home - support for independent living.
Elderly (SurreyCommunity.info website) - groups can list themselves and get their own site for free on this Surrey-wide directory. We no longer list individual groups on our site as SurreyCommunity will always be more up to date and is a has more features for groups to use.
Last updated : 16/11/2012