Supplementary planning guidance
This section provides information about the additional planning guidance which inform the council's decision-making process, called Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPGs).
The council has published additional guidance in Supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) to help interpret planning policies contained in the Borough Local Plan 2005.
Under a revised planning system, Local Plans are gradually being replaced by Local Development Frameworks (LDFs). In this new system, Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) can be produced as part of the LDF.
- Affordable Housing Provision (1998)
- Historic Barns (1994)
- Historic Parks and Gardens (2001)
- Horley Shopfront Design Guide (2001)
- Horse Keeping (1998)
- Householder Extensions and Alterations (2004)
- Land at Holmethorpe Development Brief (2001)
- Listed Buildings (1995)
- Local Distinctiveness Design Guide (2004)
- Outdoor Playing Space Provision (1996)
- Planning and Archaeology (1993)
- Reigate Shop Front Design Guide (1999)
- Retail Changes of Use Within Town Centres (1996)
- Shop Front and Shop Sign Design Guide (2001).
You can also download:
- The Council's Parking Standards 2003 - These have now been incorporated into the Borough Local Plan 2005.
Copies are available from Customer Services at the Town Hall (01737 276000), or to view at the Help Shops.
Surrey County Council Planning
Surrey County Council has published Planning Guidance applicable to Reigate & Banstead. Information is available is on the Surrey County Council website:
Last updated : 11/04/2011