Supplementary Planning Documents
This section is intended to help people looking for information about Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs).
SPDs amplify and give more detailed advice about existing policies in Development Plan Documents but cannot be used to create new policies or to make site allocations. They can also be ‘material considerations’ when making decisions about new development.
Supplementary Planning Documents (SPDs) are documents which are not subject to independent examination and do not have Development Plan status.
Affordable Housing SPD Consultation
This consultation closed on 13 May 2013. Details of the consultation and documents are still available to view.
The consultation draft of the SPD contains additional detail and guidance on how the Council will interpret and apply submitted Core Strategy Policy CS13 Affordable Housing.
In particular the SPD:
- details the requirements for larger and smaller sites
- provides an overview of the planning application process
- explains the Council's approach to assessing financial viability
- contains guidance about delivering affordable homes on site
- explain how to calculate financial contributions on sites of 14 units or less
The Affordable Housing Supplementary Planning Document and Consultation Statement are available to download:
- Affordable Housing SPD (PDF document [890.5Kb])
- Consultation Statement (PDF document [249.8Kb])
- Statement of Availability (PDF document [215.5Kb])
- Horley Design Guide
- Horley Infrastructure Provision
- Horley Town Centre Regeneration
- Planning Obligations and Infrastructure.
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council’s Local Development Scheme (LDS) sets out production of the following SPDs:
- Design and Parking
- Infrastructure Provision
Planning frameworks are being prepared to guide development in regeneration areas in advance of the Development Management Policies DPD. Frameworks will be subject to public consultation and sustainability appraisal.
Last updated : 31/05/2013