Consulting other agencies on building regulation applications
This page is intended to help people looking for information about consulting other agencies.
When a building regulation application or notice is received we may consult the following, if necessary:
The Fire and Rescue Service
- For advice on means of escape on certain buildings
- Road and access for brigade vehicles
- Fire fighting facilities within and around buildings
- Goodwill advice on any relevant matters
This body is responsible for all Public Sewers in the district and is consulted whenever their drains are affected by proposed works.
The Environmental Agency
Consulted when discharging from sewage treatment plants, ground water contamination may be an issue.
Other departments within the Council
- Highways and Streetcare for changes to design and the collection of refuse.
- Planning for design issues
- Environmental Health for food premises, discharge and siting of flues and contaminated land matters.
For further advice
The above is a brief outline on consultation. Builders, designers and applicants can receive further advice from the local building control office.
Building Control Services
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council
Surrey RH2 0SH
Tel: 01737 276162
Fax: 01737 276018
By email: email@example.com
Last updated : 23/11/2012