Published Wednesday, 1st March 2017
Residents are encouraged to use the great new functionality on our website's recycling pages, to recycle more than ever before.
In a campaign to promote the wide range of recycling activities now possible with the click of a button, the Council is encouraging residents to use its website to quickly and easily:
- View their own personalised recycling calendar
- Use the handy tool to find out what you can and can’t recycle
- Report a missed bin collection
- Join the garden waste collection service
- Book to have bulky items taken away
- Order replacement bins
- And more.
In addition to the speed and ease of doing business on the website, going online has added convenience for residents:
- Bookings can often be sorted out faster
- Residents can report or book outside of usual business hours
- Forms are short and simple to complete.
Thousands of residents have already seen the benefits of going online, with visits to the recycling website nearly doubling to an incredible 150,000 visits in the past twelve months.
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council Deputy Leader and Executive Member for Parks & Recycling Councillor Dr Lynne Hack said:
“Our residents are already keen recyclers and enthusiastic about generating less and less rubbish. Our website now has even more ways to help people recycle. We’re encouraging everyone to get online and join us in recycling as much as possible over the coming months.
Just visit www.reigate-banstead.gov.uk/recyclemore to save time and recycle online.”