News archive for April 2012
- Weekly update - 30 April 2012
This week's update focuses on what you need to know in order to vote in the local elections this Thursday 3 May 2012.
- Free sporting fun day for all the family
An action packed free day of sporting activities takes place in Priory Park, Reigate, on Sunday 6 May 2012.
- Surrey to host Grand Final of The Tour of Britain
The final leg of the cycle race will start in Priory Park, Reigate and will finish in Guildford’s High Street on Sunday 16 September.
- Redeveloping Warwick Quadrant, Redhill
Sainsbury’s and Aviva Investors are delighted that the Council has formally granted planning permission for the proposals to redevelop part of Warwick Quadrant.
- New Horley Leisure Centre wins Green Apple Award
Horley Leisure Centre has won a prestigious Green Apple Award for its positive contribution to the built environment.
- New home recycling and refuse service moves a step closer
The new easy way for residents to recycle more rubbish from their homes moved a step closer this week with the arrival of the first new refuse vehicles.
- Weekly update - 23 April 2012
This week’s update focuses on the Council’s partnership work to deter crime using CCTV in the borough.
- Proposals to improve Preston get the go-ahead
Proposals by Reigate Banstead Borough Council and Surrey County Council to improve the Preston area of Tadworth have been given the green light to proceed by councillors.
- What voters need to know for Thursday 3 May
With local elections on Thursday 3 May, the Council is reminding voters in the borough what they need to know to make their choice on polling day.
- Talented youngsters can be stars for a year
The showbiz dreams of two local young people have been given a massive boost thanks to the Council’s Star for a Night scheme.
- Weekly update - 16 April 2012
This week’s update focuses on the Council’s spring guided walks programme.
- Working to save water during the hosepipe ban
The Council is taking action to combat the effect of the drought. Sutton and East Surrey Water have implemented a domestic hosepipe ban which came into force on 5 April.
- Council awarded £100,000 to tackle empty shops
Reigate Banstead Borough Council has been awarded £100,000 by the government to help bring empty high street properties back into use.
- Star for a Night 2012 - tickets on sale now
Tickets are on sale now for Star for a Night, the Council’s glittering annual youth variety show, sponsored by Toyota (GB) Plc, Towers Watson and So You Wanna Be.
- Council and Police join forces to combat anti social behaviour
The Council and Surrey Police joined forces to combat littering, dog fouling and anti social behaviour around Redhill and Horley.
- Weekly update - 2 April 2012
This week’s update is about how you can have a say on your community by voting in the upcoming local elections.