P&G Surrey Youth Games 2013
This page is about the P&G Surrey Youth Games 2013 which will be held on 15 and 16 June.
The Proctor and Gamble Surrey Youth Games is a unique event that brings the whole of Surrey together to compete and have fun. This year all 11 boroughs and districts within Surrey will be represented, giving approximately 2,000 youngsters the opportunity to take part in a major sporting event.
Surrey Sports Park, Guildford over the weekend of 15/16 June 2013
In 2012 Reigate & Banstead's team were once again on stunning form taking the Borough Trophy for the second year running. Our young participants took seven gold, three silver and five bronze medals. For more information see the news release.
We hope to keep up our high standards in 2013!
Free training sessions
We will be running free training sessions prior to the Games. These sessions will commence after the Easter Holiday break and will run up to the weekend of the Games.
One of the main aims of the games is to encourage young people to develop their sporting skills and promote physical activity as well as fair play in sport. You don’t have to be great at sport to take part; in fact you have to be below county standard. There are 12 different sports included in this year's games, you can take your sport to a new level or try something completely new.
- to celebrate youth sport
- to provide meaningful activities for young people
- to provide focus and tangible outcomes for sports development work
- to create a spirit of friendly competition
- to demonstrate co-operative working between authorities
- to demonstrate and promote the value of sports development
- to provide competition for young people with sporting potential.
- you must live or go to school in the Borough of Reigate and Banstead
- be of the correct age and sex for the sport you wish to take part in
- be below county standard in the sport you wish to take part in
- you must want to have loads of fun!
Team selection - everyone welcome
Teams are selected a few weeks in to the training programme. Although not everyone can be chosen teams will be selected on individuals attendance and the amount of effort and enthusiasm shown during training.
We welcome everyone to try out, please do not be put off if you have limited experience.
Everyone is welcome at the training sessions as long as they meet the age criteria for their chosen sport.
Programme of events
- telephone Catherine Gibson or Sue Sergeant on 01737 276700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- download an application form - P&G Surrey Youth Games 2013 Leaflet (PDF document [1.7Mb])
Last updated : 11/03/2013