This section provides information about self guided walks around the borough.
The borough has an abundance of open countryside, woodland, scenery and historic sites. So it offers a great variety of walks.
Guided walks programme
Our Guided Walks and Events Programme 2013 provides details of the guided walks happening around the borough from now until October. From bats to butterflies, there is something for everyone. Download the programme (PDF document [557.7Kb]) and see what sparks your interest. You can also join our Countryside Facebook group for more details on walks around the borough.
Millennium Trail booklet
We developed the 'Millennium Trails' programme of walks to celebrate the new century around the year 2000.
These fascinating walks provide an excellent way for people to stretch their legs and take in some of the area's marvelous countryside.
There is a north walk, a south walk and six circular walks, which together showcase all the borough has to offer.
The journey from north to south is crammed with great views, historic landmarks and the odd cafe and pub. They're well way-marked too.
The leaflets are packed with fascinating bits of history and information about the area.
All the Millennium Trail leaflets are available to download below - some paper copies are available from your local help shop.
Millennium Trail booklet PDF (PDF document [1.2Mb]) - the complete walk with maps and route descriptions
Circular and shorter walks
- Town and Down Circular Walk (5.1 miles) (PDF document [616Kb])
- Shabden/U. Gatton Circular Walk (7.5 miles) (PDF document [1.5Mb])
- North Downs Ridge Circular Walk (7 miles) - coming soon
- Tatton Winter Circular Walk (2.8 miles) (PDF document [230.5Kb])
- Earlswood Common Circular Walk (4.7 miles) - coming soon
- East Horley Circular Walk (5.8 miles) - coming soon
Related websites and contacts
- Action for Life - free guided walks in East Surrey
- Downlands Countryside Management Project website
- Walking in Surrey website - lists of walks and groups
- Walks with buggies website
- Walks with wheelchairs website
Last updated : 16/04/2013