Development Management Plan
Pages in Development Management Plan
- 4. Executive and Full Council approval (for Regulation 19 publication)
- 5. Regulation 18 – consultation on objectives, approaches and possible sites
- 6. You are here: What is the Development Management Plan?
6. What is the Development Management Plan?
The Council has responsibility for preparing a Local Plan. The Local Plan provides information about when and where development to deliver the new homes, jobs, services, facilities and infrastructure we need will take place in the borough and includes policies against which proposals for new development are assessed.
Part 1 of the Local Plan (the Core Strategy) was adopted by the Council in 2014. This sets out the overall scale and location of growth that will take place in the borough between 2012 and 2027. The Development Management Plan will be Part 2 of the Local Plan and will set out in more detail how the Core Strategy will be delivered. It will contain:
- Policies to guide decision making on planning applications
- Policy designations
- Development site allocations
For further information on the Local Plan documents and timescales, see the Local Development Scheme.
If you would like to register to be notified about any further stages in the plan preparation, please complete our Planning Policy mailing list online form.