Development Management Plan
Pages in Development Management Plan
- 1. You are here: Development Management Plan
- 2. What is the Development Management Plan?
Regulation 19 Publication
The Council is currently consulting on its Development Management Plan Proposed Submission document (Regulation 19). This will run from: Wednesday 10 January until 5pm on 23 February 2018.
Regulation 19 is a statutory stage, prior to the submission of the draft Plan to the Secretary of State, which allows representations to be made on the draft Plan which the Council considers to be ready for examination.
Following this Regulation 19 stage, the Plan will then be submitted for examination by an independent Planning Inspector before it can be formally adopted by the Council. Further information on the Local Plan process can be found here.
Regulation 19 documents
The Regulation 19 document, Policies maps, supporting evidence and information to assist with understanding the Regulation 19 document are available below:
- Regulation 19 publication document
- DMP Regulation 19 – Policies Maps
- DMP Regulation 19 – Evidence
- DMP Regulation 19 – Area and Topic Fact sheets
- Changes between the Regulation 18 and Regulation 19 DMP documents
- Statement of Availability
- Statement of Representations
- Guidance note to assist with making representations
The Regulation 19 document and relevant evidence are also available for inspection at the Town Hall, Castlefield Road, Reigate, RH2 0SH (8.45-17.00 Mon-Thurs, 8.45-16.45 Fri) and the Regulation 19 Development Management Plan is also available at libraries across the borough.
Ways to respond
Representations can be made in the following ways:
- Fill in the online survey (please note: you cannot save responses to edit later on the online form)
- Download a comments form, complete it and return it:
- By email - LDF@reigate-banstead.gov.uk
- By post – Policy, Town Hall, Castlefield Road, Reigate RH2 0SH.
- Request a comment form by calling 01737 276178 or collect one from the Town Hall in Reigate (between 0845-1700 Mon-Thu, and 0845-1645 Fri) or local libraries
Whilst you are welcome to make representations on any aspect of the plan, the Inspector’s role is focused. As explained in paragraph 182 of the National Planning Policy Framework, the Inspector’s role is to assess whether the plan has been prepared in accordance with legal and procedural requirements (including Duty to Cooperate between public bodies) and whether it is “sound” (whether the plan is justified, effective, consistent with national planning policy and positively prepared).
This will also be the opportunity to request involvement in the public hearings organised by the Inspector.
Please note: The Consultation Statement identifies how comments raised at the Regulation 18 stage have been taken into account to prepare this updated document. Consequently, objections and comments made at Regulation 18 stage will not be rolled forward automatically as the content of the Development Management Plan has changed, so if you would like comments to be considered by the independent inspector in due course then please submit them as part of this Regulation 19 stage.
The Council will keep your personal details for the purposes of contacting you regarding the Development Management Plan and its examination. Please let us know if you would not like to be contacted further.