I'm struggling with my money, can I get any help?
See the download below for a brief guide to where you can get free financial advice and support, plus a few tips on saving money to help you along the way:
What can I do?
- Don't ignore the problem! It will only make your situation worse
- Seek free financial advice
- Contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau to check if you may be entitled to some benefits to increase your income
- Try to generate your income by reducing your non-essential spending and shopping smarter (see PDF for detailed examples)
What should I avoid?
- Approaching payday lenders
- Approaching loan companies
Borrowing money from the bank or friends/family may be a safer and securer option for you. Seek financial advice if you cannot find any other options for financial assistance.