Pages in Key projects
- 1. Key projects
- 2. You are here: Warwick Quadrant – Completion 2017
2. Warwick Quadrant – Completion 2017
A new high quality modern development to provide a larger Sainsbury’s store, Travelodge & Gym with a car park upgrade (approximately 875 spaces), including public space improvements to the pedestrianised area of London Road.
Activity to date:
- Demolition of the Lombard House office block
- Foundations of the new Warwick Quadrant redevelopment are in place
- Updated access and canopy to the Harlequin Theatre and Redhill Library
- Phase 1 of the new Sainsbury's store is open, and demolition of the old store has been completed
- Support to local environmental and community initiatives including:
- Year 5 pupils from St Matthew's Primary School created a time capsule to bury at the new store.
- Two apprentices have been recruited from East Surrey College to work with RG Group on the construction of the Warwick Quadrant
- Working with East Surrey College promoting apprenticeships
- Worked with Wray Common Primary School to create an allotment for pupils within their school grounds.
- Enabled children from Furzefield Primary School to see the Aladdin Pantomime.
- Encouraged children from Furzefield Primary School to produce pictures for the hoardings of the Warwick Quadrant development.
- Planted trees on Albert & Alexander School grounds with pupils
- Renovated of Redhill Junior Football Club’s changing rooms
- Installed of PV Solar Panels at Earlswood Primary School
- Installed bee hives at Salfords Primary School along with educational talks to pupils and teachers
- Information Centre established in the former Mothercare Unit
Activity currently underway:
- Upgrade of the pedestrianised area of London Road creating a new, light and open, contemporary public space.
- Ongoing development of Phase 2 of the new Sainsbury's store.
- Roof top car park currently closed. The basement car park will remain open throughout the project.
- Recycling building materials.
- Refurbishment of the Warwick Quadrant building containing the Harlequin Theatre and Redhill Library.
- Warwick Quadrant due for completion summer 2017.
You can search Warwick Quadrant on the Planning application search for more information.