Housing in Horley
Housing in Horley - what we promised, our progress to date and our future plans.
- to deliver 2,600 new homes
- to provide a range of dwelling types and sizes to meet local needs, including both market and affordable housing
- to ensure high quality sustainable new development
What we promised
- Two new neighbourhoods in the north of the town, including:
- 710 new homes on land to the north of Langshott, called the North East Sector
- 1,570 new homes on land off Meath Green Lane, called the North West Sector
- 25% of homes to be 'affordable'
- on-site facilities and services for both new and existing residents
a further 380 homes on smaller sites around the town
Progress to date
The North East Sector (The Acres)
the North East Sector (known as the Acres) is the first new neighbourhood to come forward
the neighbourhood has been built by Barratt David Wilson and Bovis
All 718 new homes have been constructed and are now fully occupied
- a variety of facilities are being delivered as part of the neighbourhood, as the build progresses, including:
- a neighbourhood centre with shops and a new community hall
- a primary school
- open space and play areas
- a link road
- cycle and pedestrian routes
The North West Sector (Westvale Park)
the North West Sector (known as Westvale Park) is the second of the planned new neighbourhoods
- outline planning permission for the North West Sector was granted in December 2014 following the completion of a section 106 legal agreement
- the section 106 agreement secures over £40m of infrastructure and service improvements for Horley
- the North West Sector is being built by four main development partners: Crest Nicholson, A2Dominion, Taylor Wimpey and Persimmon
- works commenced in 2015 and the neighbourhood will take about 10 years to build
- when complete the North West Sector will include:
- 1,570 market and affordable homes
- a primary school
- a community hall
- local shops
- sites for a place of worship, medical centre, pub/restaurant and employment space
- new open space and play facilities
a number of smaller sites around the town have been developed. Examples of some of the schemes include: Coopers Lodge on Massetts Road, 6-18 Station Road and The Grange on Bonehurst Road
The planning portal for information on the North East Sector (ref: 04/01778), the North West Sector (ref: 04/02120) and smaller sites.
help to buy for information on getting on the property ladder.
- Anvil Court project focus provides information on a new specialist housing scheme for older people in the North East Sector.
- Information from the Consortium on the north west sector, Horley, can be found here.
- Information on properties for sale in the North West Sector, known as West Vale, can be found at Crest Nicholson, Taylor Wimpey, and Charles Church.