Police and Crime Commissioner Elections
Pages in Police and Crime Commissioner Elections
- 1. Police and Crime Commissioner Elections
- 2. You are here: How to become a Candidate
2. How to become a Candidate
To be able to stand as a candidate at a Police and Crime Commissioner election in England (excluding London and Wales) you must be:
- At least 18 years old on the day of your nomination
- a British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen of any other member state of the European Union, and
- registered as a local government elector in a local council area that is within the police area in which you wish to stand, both at the time of your nomination and on polling day.
For further information including disqualifications see the Electoral Commission website.
National Police Chief Council's pre-election guidance.
Candidate and agent information
|Electoral Commission guidance|
If you have any queries please contact PARO@reigate-banstead.gov.uk.