Committee and council meeting information
All Council and Committee meetings are open to the public, except for any exempt (confidential) items specified on the agenda, for which the public will be asked to leave the room.
Meeting room facilities
Formal committee meetings are usually held in the New Council Chamber which is on the first floor in the old Town Hall building.
A lift is available for those who have mobility problems and a hearing loop is available in the Chamber for those with hearing difficulties.
If you require any assistance or special arrangements please speak to the Committee Clerk before the meeting begins.
For meetings held during the day:
- Please go to the Main Entrance and speak to the receptionist who will arrange for someone to show you to the meeting room.
For meetings during the evening:
- The main entrance will be closed. Please go the entrance signposted just beyond it, where there will be someone available to direct you to the meeting room.
Meetings during the day (9am to 5pm)
- Limited short term and disabled parking only is available at the Town Hall during the day. General public parking is not available at the Town Hall offices during the day.
- The nearest facility is the Bancroft Road Car Park, which is a short walk from the Council offices.
Evening meetings (after 5pm)
- The Town Hall car park is open to all members of the public on a first-come, first-served basis.
Starting from 12 February 2015 the Council will be webcasting some of its public meetings. You can find more information on this here.
To find out more about Council meetings please follow the links below.