The Census is a survey of all people and households in the country and is the most complete source of information about the borough’s population that we have.
The Census provides essential information from national to neighbourhood level for government, business and the community. The latest Census was held on the 29th March 2011.
2011 Census – Key findings in the borough
- The majority of the Borough's wards population is aged between 25 and 59
- Banstead Village ward has the highest proportion of residents aged 85 and over
- General health amongst residents across the Borough’s wards is by and large 'very good' and or 'good'
- The majority of the Borough's wards population are in managerial and professional occupations.
These are just some of the interesting facts you can find out from the 2011 Census. You can find out more by clicking on the PDF's below.
Census data and personal information
Census information can be accessed by the public via the internet however; information on individual people is not released to any organisation. Measures are also taken to prevent inadvertent disclosure of information about individuals through the statistical results. For example, information will not be released for areas containing fewer than 100 households.
The Census is important because it allows central and Local Government, health authorities and many other organisations to target their resources more effectively and to plan housing, education, health and transport services for the future.
- Banstead Village( PDF - 268.09 KB )
- Chipstead, Hooley and Woodmansterne( PDF - 269.2 KB )
- Earlswood and whitebushes( PDF - 269.83 KB )
- Horley Central( PDF - 269.34 KB )
- Horley East( PDF - 268.5 KB )
- Horley West( PDF - 269.09 KB )
- Kingswood with Burgh Heath( PDF - 269.49 KB )
- Meadvale & St Johns( PDF - 269.18 KB )
- Merstham( PDF - 269.76 KB )
- Nork( PDF - 269.29 KB )
- Preston( PDF - 267.96 KB )
- Reigate Central( PDF - 268.99 KB )
- Redhill East( PDF - 269.06 KB )
- Reigate Hill( PDF - 268.64 KB )
- Redhill West( PDF - 269.3 KB )
- Salfords and Sidlow( PDF - 268.49 KB )
- South Park and Woodhatch( PDF - 269.27 KB )
- Tadworth and Walton( PDF - 269.02 KB )
- Tattenhams( PDF - 269.35 KB )