The Freedom of Information Act requires the Council to adopt and maintain a publication scheme, which has been approved by the Information Commissioner.
The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has approved a new model publication scheme, which Reigate & Banstead Borough Council adopted from 1 January 2009. The model publication scheme is simply a commitment to proactively publish as much information as possible.
View the Model Publication Scheme (Information Commissioner’s website).
Guide to Information
Under the publication scheme, the Council is required to provide a guide to information which gives details of:
- the information that will be made routinely available
- how the information can be accessed
any charges applicable.
The ICO has provided local authorities with examples of the type of information they expect us to publish under seven classes:
- Who we are and what we do
- What we spend and how we spend it
- What our priorities are and how we are doing
- How we make decisions
- Our policies and procedures
- Lists and registers
- Services provided by the council