Guide to Information
Guide to Information under our Publication Scheme.
The council’s website is the best source of information that is routinely made available. Information can be located by using the navigation structure, A-Z, sitemap or search box.
Where it is not possible to publish certain types of information on the website, it can be accessed in person or where possible, electronically upon request. See the Contact us page for details.
Below is a guide to information that is proactively published by the council.
Who we are and what we do
Organisational information, structures, locations and contacts.
- The Constitution
- About the council
- Voting and elections
- Your elected representatives
- Contact details
What we spend and how we spend it
Financial information about projected and actual income and expenditure, procurement, contracts and financial audit.
- Annual financial reports and audit inspection
- Payments to suppliers (details what the Council spent on goods and services from external suppliers).
What our priorities are and how we are doing
Strategies and plans, performance indicators, audits, inspections and reviews.
How we make decisions
Decision-making processes and records of decisions.
Our policies and procedures
Current written protocols, policies and procedures for delivering our services and responsibilities.
- Policies and procedures for conducting council business can be found in The Constitution.
- Polices and procedures for delivering our services can be accessed throughout the website and are usually linked to from the relevant sections or can be located via the website’s search facility. If you are unable to locate a policy or procedure on the website, a copy can be provided via email or hard copy upon request. See the Contact us page for details.
- Complaints procedure
Lists and registers
Public registers and registers held as public records.
Services provided by the Council
Information about the services the council provides including leaflets, guidance and newsletters.
Information about the full range of services provided by the council is available on the website and can be accessed from the relevant section or located via the website search facility.
The main services the council provides are:
- Environmental health
- Planning and Building control
- Street cleaning
- Recycling, rubbish and waste
- Council tax
Information including published leaflets can also be provided via email or hard copy. See the Contact us page for details
Other areas of the website containing information which may be of interest include: