Make R&B kids safe
Make R&B kids safe banner competition
Do you want to help improve parking around your school? Do you want your pupils to get involved too? The R&B parking department and Sustrans, the leading UK charity making it easier for people to walk and cycle, have teamed up to roll out a competition on road safety for all primary schools in Reigate & Banstead.
Design a banner
Children will participate in a lesson to fire up their imaginations and connect with their local environment. This will inspire them to design an eye-catching banner to promote road safety awareness outside the school gates.
The winning banner will be printed for display outside the school, and runners up will have their banners printed on custom high-vis jackets for school staff.
To celebrate the winning school’s achievement, we will organise an award ceremony with invitations to local influencers such as press, councillors and police. The results announcement to press will coincide with the BRAKE Road Safety Week from 20-26 November.
How to register your interest and timeline
- Email the R&B Bike It Officer Lal Chatfield at email@example.com by 8 September. Competition packs will be sent out by email on 11 September.
- Submissions to be received by 13 October, with the award ceremony to be booked on or just before 16 November.
- Schools can enter any number of classes, however, they must select their top three entries themselves for the judging panel’s consideration.
- Entries must be received by 13 October for consideration.
- Entries can be posted to Lal Chatfield, Earlswood Depot, Horley Road, Earlswood, RH1 6PN. Alternatively, they can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The winning school’s award ceremony must be booked to occur on or just before 16 November.