Types of grants
If you represent a voluntary organisation or community group helping the people of the borough, we want to help you.
We award grants annually in the following categories:
A public commitment from the Council to provide an agreed level of grant support over a fixed period.
Paid to meet the cost of major projects - usually for building works - and are typically between £5,000-£20,000.
Awards are determined in advance of the financial year in which they apply.
In addition, the Councillors' Community Awards scheme runs between 1 June and 30 November.
Councillors' Community Awards
Under this scheme individual councillors are able to support and promote the work of local community groups and can apply for funding at any point during this period.
General criteria for determining applications
The Council will use the following criteria for determining these applications:
Grants will be awarded at the discretion of the Council and applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- benefit to the residents of the borough
- contribution to the Council's objectives as outlined in our Five Year Plan and Community Plan. These can be found in our section on Plans and Policies.
- fundraising and/or partnership funding.
Notwithstanding the above the Council will have regard to the organisation's financial reserves and other support provided (e.g. concessionary rents, discretionary rate relief) in determining grant.
Completed grant applications should be returned to
Health and Wellbeing Manager
Reigate and Banstead Borough Council
- 2017 grant pack ( PDF - 431.48 KB )
- Core funding application form ( PDF - 219.41 KB )
- Capital funding application form ( PDF - 193.67 KB )
- Grant funding awarded in 2017/18 (PDF).
- For previous grant recipients please see the Grant recipient download page.