Council organisation and services
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council is a Conservative-controlled council comprised of 51 democratically elected councillors accountable to the residents in their ward.
The composition of the Council is:
- 39 Conservative Councillors
- 6 Residents' Associations Councillors
- 3 Green Councillors
- 1 Liberal Democrat Councillor
- 2 Vacancies
Together they form the Council, which determines the policy framework and decides all major strategies and plans for the Borough.
The council has 460 full-time equivalent officers who give advice, implement decisions and manage the day-to-day delivery of its services.
The Officer organisation is headed by John Jory, the Chief Executive and is supported by a Management Team.
The main services the Council provides are:
- Environmental Health
- Leisure and Culture
- Planning and Building Control
- Refuse Collection and Recycling
- Council Tax
We also provide a range of services to help the community, particularly the elderly and run a Help Desk service which provides advice on our services.
- Read about the Council's officer organisation
- Read about the responsibilities of the Management team
- Read about being a councillor
- Read about the decision-making process
- Read about our 5 year plan (Corporate Plan 2015-2020)