Pages in Evidence and research for planning policies
- 1. Evidence and research
- 2. Housing evidence
- 3. You are here: Economy and employment evidence
- 4. Retail, leisure and town centres evidence
- 5. Infrastructure and transport evidence
3. Economy and employment evidence
The Council is currently in the process of preparing evidence for a new Local Plan which will plan for the development needs of the borough over the time period of 2019 to 2039.
In order to do this, we are preparing a Local Economic Needs Assessment which will assess the need for employment accommodation in the borough. We are therefore engaging with businesses in the borough in order to understand the current and emerging business market, in particular:
- The demographic profile of businesses operating in the borough: number of employees, annual turnover, floorspace etc.
- Where their customers are located; for example whether they are international, national, or local (within the borough)
- Whether their existing premises meet businesses requirements
- Whether businesses experience staffing difficulties
- Businesses thoughts on whether proximity to Gatwick Airport and London benefit their business
- Whether businesses are looking to grow or whether they perceive barriers to growth
If you run a business in the borough, we would appreciate your input; please either:
- Fill in the online survey
- Download a comments form and return it:
- By email to LDF@reigate-banstead.gov.uk
- By post to Planning Policy, Town Hall, Castlefield Road, Reigate, Surrey. RH2 0SH.
If you have any queries, please contact the Planning Policy team on 01737 276178 or email LDF@reigate-banstead.gov.uk
Update to the Economic Evidence Base
This paper reviews previous research undertaken on the economy and summarises more recent evidence and recent policy developments. It also contains forecasts of the potential need for additional employment land in the borough.
Full appendices for the document above are available on request by emailing LDF@reigate-banstead.gov.uk.
Economic Market Assessment
We commissioned consultants to produce a piece of evidence about the economic needs of the borough including an economic strategy for the borough, taking account of market realities, including growth scenarios and identifying certain sectors. The study also advised on future employment land requirements, including a detailed review of sites.
The Council also carries out regular monitoring on a range of economic and employment land issues, including surveys of key business areas. More information on the data we collect is available on the Plan Monitoring page.