Evidence and research for planning policies
Pages in Evidence and research for planning policies
- 1. You are here: Evidence and research
- 2. Housing evidence
- 3. Economy and employment evidence
- 4. Retail, leisure and town centres evidence
- 5. Infrastructure and transport evidence
1. Evidence and research
Information about the evidence which the Council uses to develop planning policies.
National policy requires that our planning policies are based on an up-to-date understanding about the economic, social and environmental characteristics and prospects for the area.
The evidence below is a collection of documents and reports which are used to inform development of our emerging policies. It has been divided into individual topics to provide an easily accessible resource.
- Economic development and employment
- Infrastructure and transport
- Retail, leisure and town centres (including. Redhill town centre)
- Landscape, townscape and the natural environment
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) and Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA)
- Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA)
The Council also carries out regular plan monitoring which also feeds into the plan-making process. More information about the type of information we collect is available on the Plan Monitoring page.
Documents and evidence relating to the Development Management Plan can be found on the Development management plan page.
Information about the adopted Core Strategy can be found on the Core Strategy page.