Flooding advice and information
Pages in Flooding advice and information
- 1. You are here: Flooding advice and information
- 2. Sandbags
- Floods destroy. Be prepared (Gov.uk website) - sign up for flood warnings and prepare a flood plan
- Flooding advice for the public (Public Health England website) - helps with preventing and recovering from flood. Includes advice on:
- contaminated flood water
- the danger posed by carbon monoxide fumes from the indoor use of generators to dry out buildings
- mental health following flooding
- mould and health.
- Floods and heavy rain (AA website) - has advice on driving through water.
- Flooding and your power supply (Scottish and Southern Energy PDF) (PDF document [219.5Kb]) - has power supply advice for before, during and after a flood.
- Flooding advice (SCC website) - includes advice on sandbag disposal and cleaning up after flooding.
- Floodline provides a live agent service for all flood related customer queries as well as up to date, automated flood warning information. You can call them on 0345 988 1188.
Flood warnings, alerts and road closures
The differences between flood warnings and alerts is explained on Flood warning codes explained (Gov.uk website).
Do check the Flood warnings summary (Environment Agency website) for our area. They update this information regularly.
For road closure information check Highways information online (Surrey County Council)
Trees down in the road
You can report trees that are blocking the road to Surrey County Council (SCC) on 0300 200 1003. There is more detail on their Reporting storm damage or problems page (SCC website).
Emergency contact information
Our out of hours emergency contact number is 07699 391689.
You can follow @reigatebanstead on Twitter for updates about our services.