2. Pest control fees
The fees in the table below include 20% VAT. As of 13 October 2017, we are using a new contractor to provide our pest control service called Mitie.
The following treatments are available for domestic properties and their specific boundaries.
|Rats (up to 3 visits)||£80.00|
|Mice inside premises only (includes sheds, garage up to 3 visits)||£80.00|
|Wasps (1 visit)||£55.00|
|Squirrels in domestic roof voids only (up to 3 visits)||£135.00|
|Common Black Ants, per treatment (1 visit), inside premises only||£80.00|
|Cluster Flies, per treatment (1 visit)||£80.00|
|Fleas, per treatment (1 visit)||£80.00|
|Bed bugs (up to 2 visits)||£135.00|
|Cockroaches (up to 2 visits)||£135.00|
|Site survey (1 visit see below for further information)||£80.00|
|Abortive pest control visit*||£30.00|
* Abortive pest control fee relates to a situation where Mitie attend a property with intention to treat but treatment can not be made, please see booking terms and conditions for further information.
Site survey - further important information
Our site survey option is to be selected where a customer wishes to have a survey of their property or premises to assess if a pest infestation is present. If an infestation is identified, then recommendations for a suitable course of treatment will be provided. Note, no treatment is actually provided with this survey option. Should you wish to follow up on any recommendations made, a new and separate booking and payment would be required.
Some information about the visit:
- Once you have completed your online booking and paid for your treatment you will receive a confirmation email and payment receipt from the Council. The Council will also send an email to our Contractor Mitie Pest Control Ltd (Mitie) with information to enable them to telephone you to arrange your treatment visit.
- Bookings made before midday Monday to Friday should receive a call back the same day, and if made after midday, should receive a call back in the morning of the next working day (Monday to Friday). Mitie will call you on the telephone number provided at the time of booking. Mitie offer treatments Monday to Friday, with slots booked on a morning or afternoon basis. We are unable to provide specific timeslots, however Mitie aim to be as flexible to your needs as possible.
Treatment booking terms and conditions:
1. You may cancel your booking within 14 calendar days, provided that at least 24 hours' notice is given before your booked pest control treatment was due to start. Cancellations must be made direct to our pest control contractor Mitie, by calling Mitie's Customer Services Team on 0344 335 0330.
2. The personal information provided will be passed to our pest control contractor, Mitie Pest Control Ltd, for the purposes of providing pest control treatment services only. Payment card details are not provided to the contractor.
3. Treatment will only take place if you or a designated adult representative is available on site. In the event that Mitie arrives for treatment and no-one suitable is present, treatment will not take place and an abortive visit charge of £30 will apply. A new booking will be required to complete the treatment and this will need further payment in full.
4. If it is not possible for the treatment to be carried out, e.g. if the wasp nest cannot be identified or the pest technician can find no evidence of pest infestation to support the use of poison bait, an abortive visit fee of £30 will be deducted from the cost of treatment.
5. If you have any concerns about the delivery of the pest control service, please contact Mitie in the first instance to give them an opportunity to address the matter, by calling Mitie's Customer Services Team on 0344 335 0330.
6. Wasp booking specific information: the pest control service is unable to treat bees. Please ensure that it is a wasp's nest before booking and that the nest is visible and not at excessive height. Treatment can normally be undertaken up to 2 storeys in height. If treatment cannot be given, due to it being bees and not wasps, the abortive visit charge will apply as stated in point 4.
7. Health and safety: Mitie reserve the right not to provide pest control treatment should the site not be deemed safe after an onsite risk assessment has been undertaken.
Lofts must be boarded if access is required, otherwise an abortive visit charge of £30 will apply.
8. Should you be advised by Mitie that certain preparation work is required, typically required for bed bugs and flea treatments, and upon arrival the required preparation works have not been undertaken and treatment cannot be provided, an abortive visit charge of £30 would apply.