Applications for businesses and organisations
The European Services Directive aims to make it easier for service providers to set up or offer their services anywhere in the European Economic Area.
The Directive covers a wide variety of service sectors including food and leisure services.
Core public services such as education, health, transport and social services do not fall within the scope. Similarly planning, gambling and taxi/private hire services regulated by the council are also excluded.
EU Services Directive
This page is being developed to contain the following information:
- which applications are affected by the Directive
- the application process – including online payments
- advice on timescales for processing applications
- how to access any public registers
- details of redress mechanisms for applicants, licence holders and consumers
- other sources of help and advice.
Further information on the Directive can be obtained from the Services Directive (Department for Business Innovation and Skills website).