We operate a weekly or fortnightly paper and cardboard recycling service for businesses.
Please complete the online form below to apply for the business recycling service:
The service will enable the recycling of business waste and reduce the waste sent to landfill.
Outline of the service
- separate collection of all types of paper and cardboard
- weekly or fortnightly collections
- provide a choice of two container sizes to suit your business and save you space: 1100 litre and 240 litre
- Price includes the hire of the bin, your Duty of Care (a legal requirement) and are VAT free (for businesses within the borough)
- the cost of the service is 20% less than the business refuse service.
- Monthly invoicing in arreas by direct debit.
Your business responsibilities
It is the responsibility of your business to dispose of your waste, in accordance with the Duty of Care, section 34 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 legislation. Your business must, as a matter of record, keep a copy of the paperwork for two years and have it available for inspection if requested.
Various other private contractors can also offer a business refuse collection and contact numbers can be found in yellow pages under Waste Disposal or on the internet.
Before entering into a contract for the collection of business waste, businesses have a duty to make sure that the contractor is registered as a ‘waste carrier’ by the Environment Agency and are fully compliant under the Duty of Care section of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 legislation.