Getting help to buy your own home
Pages in Getting help to buy your own home
- 5. You are here: Rent to Buy and Intermediate Rent
- 6. Options for Older People and People with Long-Term Disabilities
- 7. Contact details
5. Rent to Buy and Intermediate Rent
Rent to buy
- This is a great option if you are currently unable to form enough money for a deposit
- Housing Associations will offer homes to rent for around 20% less than open market values with the option to purchase shares to your rented property in the future under the Shared Ownership scheme.
- For details on eligibility and how to apply see the Help to buy rent to buy page.
- If you are not looking to buy a home just yet but you want to start saving for a deposit in the future, this option may suitable for you
- Housing Associations will offer homes to rent for around 20% less than the open market values, giving you the opportunity to save money for a future deposit
- Intermediate Rent properties are not available to purchase, they are for renting.
- For details on how to eligibility and how to apply see the Help to buyintermidate rent page.