This section provides information on the ways you can make payments to the council.
Online payment (available 24 hours)
Currently you can pay online:
- council tax
- business rates (NNDR)
- parking fines (Penalty Charge Notices) - including those issued in Tandridge
- invoices (excluding housing benefit overpayments).
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Domestic Maestro, Delta and Electron cards.
There is a charge of 1.8% for credit card payments but no charge for debit card payments. Also there is no additional charge for paying parking fines by credit card.
Paying by telephone (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
The automated telephone line is available 24 hours a day.
- council tax you will need your 8 digit reference number which begins with a 4
- business rates (NNDR) you will need your 7 digit reference number which begins with 2
- a parking fine (PCN) by telephone you will need your PCN number
- an invoice by telephone you will need your account number.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Delta and Electron cards.
Call the Payment Line on (01737) 276727.
Paying by post
Post your cheque to:
Reigate & Banstead Borough Council
Cheques should be crossed and made payable to Reigate & Banstead Borough Council.
- council tax - make sure you write your council tax reference number on the back of the cheque
- business rates (NNDR) - make sure you write your business rates reference number on the back of the cheque
- parking fine (PCN) - please make sure you write your PCN number on the back of the cheque
- invoices - write your invoice number on the back of the cheque.
Please allow three working days from receipt of cheque for us to process this payment.
Other ways to pay council tax
By Direct Debit
By debit card
Paying business rates
See the section on Payment information for business rates.
Making other payments and contact us
Please refer to your invoice or application form for details on how to pay the council for other services or call the Help Line on (01737) 276000 – Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5pm. Friday 8.30am-4.45pm.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated : 22/02/2013