Large scale improvements
This section provides information and advice on needing help for large scale home improvements.
We are a member of the national Houseproud scheme which is a not for profit organisation providing loans to some homeowners.
Under the Houseproud scheme, participants can get free independent advice and can access a reliable builder.
The scheme also offers loans against the equity on their property to fund repairs and improvements costing more than £3,000.
To qualify the homeowner must be aged 60 and over or else must have a disabled person in their household.Loans available include:
- capital release
- interest only
- capital interest repayment loans.
From £3,001 to up to 30% of the value of the property can be borrowed and the loan can be for any works.
Applicants on income support may also in some circumstances get assistance from the Benefits Agency or us in relation to payment of interest/set up and technical fees.
Should the loan be taken out there is an absolute guarantee of no repossession while applicants are living in the property.
Furthermore, help is provided throughout the process including:
- free independent financial advice;
- the services of a Council and/or Independent Homes Solutions Officer to determine what works are necessary;
- the selection of a reliable builder to undertake the work when using the services of Independent Home Solutions.
Download a leaflet on Home Repairs Assistance (PDF document [37.2Kb]).Contact details:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01737 276406
- Write to:
Last updated : 11/06/2012