Guide for prospective new home buyers
This page provides advice and information for residents who may be considering purchasing a newly built home in the borough.
Buying a newly built home has several benefits and is an attractive prospect for many. The Council has prepared a short guide to provide more information about buying and owning a new home in the borough.
This guide includes useful information about:
- land searches, planning information, building regulations
- sales and marketing, home warranties and snagging.
After moving in
- construction sites, street naming and numbering, refuse and recycling collections and storage
- service charges and estate management, residents associations, estate management companies
- resident and visitor parking, open space and garden areas, local facilities
- travel initiatives and public transport services
- utilities and services.
The Commission for Architecture and the Built Environment (CABE) publish on their website a very informative guide on what to look for in a new home.
Websites established by residents provide a forum for the new communities:
Email New Communities Co-ordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated : 22/08/2012