Indices of Multiple Deprivation 2010
This page provides information about the 2010 Indices of Deprivation and an analysis of the borough's performance.
The English Indices of Deprivation 2010 were published by the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) in March 2011. Most of the statistical indicators used to produce the indices are from 2008.
A national summary and all of the underlying data used within the analysis can be found at English Indices of Deprivation 2010 (Department for Communities and Local Government website).
The information below provides a snapshot of deprivation within the borough. More detailed analysis is contained in the Summary Paper available to download below.
- The 2010 indices show that, by and large, Reigate & Banstead is a relatively affluent district which does not suffer from significant levels of deprivation.
- Overall, the borough is ranked 292 out of 326 local authorities in England (1 is most deprived).
- Reigate & Banstead is the 4th most deprived borough in Surrey.
- There are pockets of higher deprivation, particularly within regeneration areas such as Preston and Merstham.
- Nork and Tadworth & Walton are recognised as the least deprived areas in the borough.
DownloadsLower Super Output Area Scores & Rankings 2010
Lower Super Output Area Overall Deprivation Map
Indices of Deprivation 2010 Summary Paper - Reigate & Banstead
Last updated : 27/05/2011