This section provides links with information and help about the Council's Constitution, which sets out the basic rules governing the council's business, procedures and codes of practice.
The Council's Constitution sets out how we operate, how decisions are made and the procedures which are followed, to ensure that these are efficient, transparent and accountable to the community.
The Constitution is divided into 17 articles which set out the basic rules governing the council's business. More detailed procedures and codes of practice are provided in separate procedure rules.
A copy of the Constitution can be purchased for £10.
The Constitution has six parts, as follows:
- Part 1: Summary and Explanation
- Part 2: Articles of the Constitution
- Part 3: Responsibility for Functions
- Part 3a: Officer Scheme of Delegation
- Part 4: Council Rules of Procedure
- Part 5: Code and Protocols
- Part 6: Members' Allowances Scheme.
If you require any advice or information on the Constitution please contact
Democratic Services Manager
Tel: 01737 276024
Last updated : 20/06/2011