Mayor's Volunteer Award winners 2011
This page is about the winners of the Mayor's Volunteer Awards 2011.
This year's winners were presented with their certificates on 18 October 2011 by the Mayor of Reigate & Banstead, Councillor Brian Stead.
A total of 22 awards were made including 17 awards to individual volunteers, one Young Volunteer Award and three Team Awards. The Mayor presented the award winners with framed certificates in recognition of their valued contribution to the community.
Dedicated volunteers doing commendable work
The top award for Outstanding Achievement was presented to Andrew Cole, who was nominated for his work with the Victim Support and Witness Service. Andrew has been an active volunteer with Victim Support since its local inauguration in 1983. During his service of nearly 29 years, Andrew has provided emotional and practical support to a huge number and range of victims across East Surrey.
The Mayor said: “It was a real honour to recognise the work of these dedicated volunteers. They have undertaken commendable work that is appreciated by many people. I would like to extend my thanks to not only those recognised in these awards but to all volunteers who make a difference throughout the borough."
This annual awards scheme is organised by the Council in partnership with Reigate and Banstead Voluntary Service.
Young Volunteer Awards
Nicholas Butcher - Small Circle Ju-Jitsu
Individual Volunteer Awards
- Gwendolyn Allsopp - St Catherine's Hospice Shop; Bell Street, Reigate.
- Sue McLean - St. Catherine's Hospice, Crawley.
- Barbara Ferris - The Brigitte Trust, Dorking.
- David Edge - Redhill Corps of Drums and Band
- Irwyn Davies - Radio Redhill
- Beryl Daniel - Motor Neurone Disease Association
- Alan Davey - Friends of East Surrey Hospital
- Spencer Mitchell - 34 Reigate Scout Group
- Maureen Wilcox - Reigate & Redhill University of the Third Age
- Margaret Chorlton - Woodmansterne Operatic & Dramatic Society
- Philip Felstead - Reigate & Redhill Live at Home Scheme
- Robert McGilveny - Merstham Cricket Club
- Sheila Reed - Friends of East Surrey Hospital & Reigate Inner Wheel
- Jean Kirk - HomeStart East Surrey, Redhill Branch
- John Tween - Royal British Legion, Surrey Branch
- Derek Watkinson - Reigate Lawn Tennis Club
- Thomas Dalley - Small Circle JuJitsu
Volunteer Team Awards
- Reigate and Redhill Live at Home Scheme - Volunteer team.
- Heads Together Youth Counselling Service - Volunteer team.
HomeStart, Epsom, Ewell & Banstead - Volunteer team.
Outstanding Achievement Award
Andrew Cole - Victim Support and Witness Service
For more information about the award scheme please contact email@example.com.
Last updated : 10/01/2012